We provide grants, usually up to a maximum of £500, to support young people in developing their potential in STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths), the arts and sport.
For example (but not limited to these): to buy new sports equipment; to take music lessons; to pay for sports coaching; to buy new artistic/photographic equipment; to go on an academic field trip.
You will need to satisfy the following points:
1. You should have the backing of a recent teacher, tutor or youth leader who knows you well and is willing to support your application.
Trustees have the discretion to consider a wide range of reasons that might require you to apply for support in your ambitions.
Do not hesitate to ask us if you are unsure whether to apply or not.
2. You must be aged at least 11 years and no older than 18 years at the time of application.
3. Your family/carer must have been resident in the New Forest District Council area for 3 years.
4. You must be eligible for (but not necessarily receiving) free school meals. The trustees will seek confirmation of this with your school/college and completion of the application acknowledges acceptance of this.
- Payments will be made directly to the organization e.g. equipment supplier, music teacher or sports coach and not to the individual applying.
- There will be three application deadlines throughout the year, after which applicants will be considered for a grant:
1 December, 1 April and 1 August.
- Whilst the trustees will consider all applications on a case-by-case basis, we would ask all applicants or potential applicants to note that trustees will generally give priority to those who have not previously benefited from an Olivia Inspires grant.
- Unless there is a compelling reason e. g. disability, the young person should complete the application themselves.
Alternatively, complete the Grant Application form below and post to:
PO Box 459
Parents/Carers may wish to submit additional details but should not be the primary source of the application.
If you have any difficulty downloading the forms or any questions please contact us
To download the Grant Application form in Word format, click on the link below: